Work Shirt Women's
Supremely durable and featuring a loosely-tailored fit, our everyday button-down shirt is made of 100% cotton fabric – woven in North Carolina – and washed for a soft, relaxed finish. The more you wear it, the better it gets.
Care: Machine wash cold, hang to dry.
- Sewn in worker-owned factory Opportunity Threads in Morganton, NC
- Pattern developed at Sew Co. in Hendersonville, NC
- Pattern digitized and graded at Apparel Pattern and Design Solutions in Pelzer, SC
- Printed labels by Minnewawa in Lexington, NC
- Woven labels by Minnewawa in Knoxville, TN
- Labor = $24
- Fabric = $8.58
- Buttons = $3
- Labels = $2.36
- Shipping of Materials = $1.25
- Packaging = $3.10
- Business Expenses* = $8.46
Total Cost = $50.75
*We're committed to running a US-made brand with an ethical production line—but it takes a lot of work! "Business Expenses" are 109.5% of production costs and include office rent, utilities, insurance, taxes, design, production and customer service salaries, research and development costs, etc - all true costs of running an effective business. This is your investment in environmental sustainability, worker voice, and economic revitalization.
Meet our models
Tea runs the Work in Burke campaign for The Industrial Commons, a program educating young people about their career and education opportunities after high school. In her free time she enjoys music and hosting kiddie parties for her nieces and nephews.
Tea is wearing a women's size M.
Ella is the niece of Molly Hemstreet, co-founder of The Industrial Commons and a worker-owner at Opportunity Threads. Ella is a high school student and an avid member of her school's track and field team.
Ella is wearing a women's size XS.